Up to 90 percent of the entire London population will suffer back pain at some point in their lives. A little preventive effort could go a long way to reducing your chances of suffering from debilitating back pain London.
5 Spine-Healthy Tips to Reduce Back Pain London
1. Practice good posture by standing, walking, sitting, lifting and lying in positions where the least strain is placed on supporting muscles and ligaments.
2. Maintain a weight that is appropriate for your height and frame.
3. Take part in strength, stretch and aerobic programs to improve your fitness level, make you more resistant to injury, and speed recovery if you are injured.
4. Wear shoes that are well balanced, flexible and comfortable.
5. Stop smoking, as smokers experience more spine pain and heal more slowly.
Serious Symptoms in Back Pain
There are several warning signs, known as red flag signs, that may indicate that your back pain is caused by a more serious condition that requires immediate medical help. These include:
- a fever of 38ºC (100.4ºF) or above
- unexplained weight loss
- swelling of the back
- constant back pain that does not ease after lying down
- pain in your chest or high up in your back
- pain down your legs and below the knees
- pain caused by a recent trauma or injury to your back
- loss of bladder control
- inability to pass urine
- loss of bowel control
- numbness around your genitals, buttocks or back passage
- pain that is worse at night
To obtain further information on whether the City of London Chiropractor Back Pain Clinic can offer an option for treatment phone 0800 043 7105 or email the clinic firstname.lastname@example.org