Over recent years there has been increased activity into researching and understanding the conditions treated by chiropractors. Patients consult a Chiropractor for a wide range of mechanical disorders of the neuro-musculo-skeletal including:
- Acute and Chronic back pain
- Low Back Pain including lumbago
- Mechanical Neck pain or Neck Pain of a mechanical nature
- Prevention of Migraine Headaches
- Headaches arising from the Neck (ie Cervicogenic)
- Hip Pain and Knee Joint Pain, including in association with Osteoarthritis
- Tension and Lifestyle advice
- Shoulder pain and Elbow pain including Frozen Shoulder & Tennis Elbow arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the neck and back
- Muscle Spasm and Cramps
- Postural Advice with Specific Exercise Programmes
- Joint Pain, including those from Osteoarthritis
(Bronfort et al. 2010. Effectiveness of Manual Therapies: the UK Evidence Report. Chiropractic and Osteopathy 18:3) The report concludes that the above are conditions treated by chiropractors which have moderate to high quality evidence for the efficacy of treatment with a package of care of manual therapy).
As further research is completed we expect the number of conditions treated by chiropractors to increase. At the City of London Chiropractor Clinic we keep up to date with research and developments within the profession for the benefit of our patients.