An initial chiropractic consultation and first treatment takes between 40 minutes and one hour. There are cases when a history is complex and may take the full allotted time of a chiropractic consultation. This is an extremely rare occurrence but when it does happen we provide a complementary treatment at the next available appointment time.
In instances when we cannot provide a treatment, the consultation and examination element of the appointment will last between 20 to 30 minutes.
Initial Chiropractic Consultation and First Treatment
- The chiropractic consultation consists of a full discussion of your presenting complaint including past and current episodes. A discussion of your general health is also taken with an emphasis of reaching your health goals.
- After understanding your presenting complaint, your chiropractor will use orthopaedic and neurological examination techniques to form a diagnosis and develop objective indicators of improvement from chiropractic treatment.
- A review of findings from consultation and examination will include your diagnosis and treatment strategy. In certain instances further investigation or referral to a specialist hospital consultant may be required and can be arranged by your chiropractor by letter or email.
- A chiropractic treatment will be conducted by your chiropractor if further investigation or referral is not required.
Follow Up Chiropractic Consultation and Treatment
- Your chiropractor will review your presenting complaint and determine progress through an objective neurological and orthopaedic examination.
- Your personal chiropractor will perform a chiropractic treatment session including rehabilitation using a number of modalities including but not limited to: spinal adjustments, massage, stretching, exercise therapy, trigger point therapy.
- Any questions or further information about your presenting complaint, health issues, treatment are encouraged at every follow up appointment.